The commissions you generate can now be treated as donations to TheGivingMachine charity. With your support, we can then claim Gift Aid on these donations.
Please see our terms and conditions
for more detailed info.
On 1st April 2016, we changed our service - read more here
We convert 55% of your core donation to TheGivingMachine into a free donation to your cause(s) and with Gift Aid, that increases to 75%.
Here's an example:
- A retailer shows a giving % of up to 3% on TheGivingMachine.
- You make a purchase via TheGivingMachine of £100 and that generates a sales commission of £4 (remember we publicly show 3% as that is the maximum giving %)
- We allocate £2.20 to your causes via your Giver account
- With Gift Aid we can claim another £1 from HMRC
- We then allocate a further £0.80 to your causes via your Giver account once Gift Aid received
- Your cause(s) then receive £3 - happy days :)
For purchases generated before 1st April 2016, we allocated 75% of commission as a donation and temporarily enabled Gift Aid to increase that to an effective 85% while we got our systems and processes developed.
If you would like a donations report - please just Contact Us
and we'll send that to you.