With a combination of the odd beer or two, pizza and Thursday nights, the concept of TheGivingMachine was born, and an early website was created. Free donations for local causes in Bishop’s Stortford then started to flow. In 2007, TheGivingMachine started expanding to support causes further afield.
The Social Enterprise Mark was awarded to TheGivingMachine in 2010 and registered charity status was secured late in 2014 after a long application process.
Enabling companies, customers and communities to thrive together is what we are all about. Together, we can enable millions to support causes all over the UK.
1. You buy something at an online shop we’ve directed you to.
2. Your purchase automatically generates a sales commission.
3. As a charity and not-for-profit organisation, we turn the commission you’ve generated into a charitable donation and pass it on to your chosen cause.
Here’s what some our givers have done so far:
• Supported research into curing cancer
• Helped their children’s school buy new books and classroom equipment
• Raised crucial funds for the hospice that cared for a family member
We work with thousands of shops like Amazon, Sainsbury’s, eBay and John Lewis. So you’ll be able to give free donations to the causes you care about every time you buy something via us.
You don’t have to spare the cash yourself.
You don’t need to nag your friends for sponsorship.
And because we aren’t for profit, we can give your good causes a higher donation percentage than anyone else. Everybody wins!